Monday, May 23, 2011

Was it fare?

When I heard that the conflict which was between Microsoft and Linux is over last week I asked my self a lot of question. The first one was whether there was a need to compare these two . The conflict was based on operating systems. Linux is an open source software whereas Microsoft is cormmecial one, so I do not see the point of comparing these two. According to what I personaly know Microsoft server provide more features than Linux. Features such as active directory, remote access virtual private network and terminal servers are some of the feature that make microsoft windows operating system more advance than Linux.

The great thing on Linux is that it provide users flexibility to modify operating system according to His/Her requirement. Some features of Linux are these, you can use Linux machine as web server, can be used to dial out and connect to internet and it support Samba servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment